Friday, February 8, 2013

Super Bowl and Meal of the Week (x2)

Super Bowl
I ended up going to the house of a friend from church.  These were the same people I made the Salvation Army soup.  There was an eclectic group of people and very big spread!  I had plenty to eat.  They had a special soup and velveeta cheese and RoTel dip with brownies for desert.

Meal of the Week (x2)
This post has 2 meals of the week because I did not put the first meal in my last post.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs:  Meatballs slowly cooked in a crushed pineapple, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and corn starch sauce.  I did not think they tasted very good.  The only way to find out was to make and taste the meatballs



Chow Mein Noodles:  First, I cooked the noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes.  Then drained and rinsed them in cold water.  While the noodles were boiling, I cooked some frozen vegetables (carrots, broccoli  and water chestnuts) in an oiled.  After the raw vegetables were cooked, I put them off to the side.  Then I added the noodle to the pan and add some flavor (soy sauce and spices).  After some time I added in the vegetables, which were put off on the side before.  Unfortunately, I did not stir the noodles soon enough and a fair number stuck to the bottom of the pan, but there were enough noodle to have dinner for 2 nights!



No comments:

Post a Comment