Sunday, March 3, 2013

Kung Fu Panda and St. Patrick's Day Parade on March 2nd, 2013?

What Some People Volunteer to the Food Pantry
This is what I found while stocking shelves in the food pantry.

Kung Fu Panda DVD

St. Patrick's Day Parade
After my biweekly volunteer session at the Christ's House Food Pantry, I went to see the Alexandria St. Patrick's Day Parade.  It was only a few blocks away on historic King Street.  There were Federal, state, and local officials, the Irish Ambassador, military, local scouts, bikers, and of bagpipes.  However for the life of me I do not know why Alexandria would have there St. Patrick's Day parade so early.  Maybe it is similar to Iowa having a caucus so early in order to have the first caucus?  Below are some pictures and videos.


Revoluntionary Band

Armed Services

Armed Services

Irishman in a Kilt


Beginning of Parade

Bagpipes

No comments:

Post a Comment