Friday, April 11, 2014

Iowa Softball and Cherry Blossom Festival

Sorry for the long amount of time since my last blog post.  There has not been many items for me to blog about that I would like to see on this blog since my last post.

Iowa Softball
The Capital Area Iowa Club has a softball team in the Capital Alumni Network (CAN) league.  More information about the league can be found here.  I am a member of the Capital Area Iowa Club softball team.

We played our first game against Purdue on Tuesday, April 8th.  The game was played right next to the Washington Monument on the National Mall in downtown Washington DC.  It was fun to play softball in that location.  All of the people on the Iowa team were decked out in their Iowa gear.  We lost the game 11-7.  There were many throwing errors committed our team.  Also our offense was stagnant at times.  I was partly to blame.  I need to do some practicing before the games.  Afterwards the team went to Exchange (a bar) near where we played.  Our next game is Thursday, April 24th against Texas.  Next time I will try to get a picture.

Cherry Blossom Festival
The cherry blossoms were at peak bloom Friday and this weekend.  So I went to the Cherry Blossom Festival near the Tidal Basin in Washington DC on Friday.  The weather could not be any better to enjoy the day (i.e. 75 degrees F and sunny).  There were a ton of people by the Tidal Basin where many of the cherry blossoms were located.  I am glad I was not there over the weekend where it will be packed even more than Friday!  Unfortunately there were no cherry pie or cherry cobbler at the Cherry Blossom Festival.  :-(

Cherry Blossoms and Washington Monument

Cherry Blossoms and Washington Monument

No comments:

Post a Comment