Saturday, April 26, 2014

Iowa Softball and Rebuilding Together

Iowa Softball
We did it!  We won the first ever softball game in the CAN league for the University of Iowa!  We won 16-10 over the University of Texas!  Granted they had 2 automatic outs in their lineup and played only 8 people in the field, but we still went out and won the game!  I hit much better this game with 3 solid hits in 3 at bats.  Unfortunately, one time I fell running the bases.  I was coming to 2nd base when I hit the ball over the outfielders' heads.  My right foot planted hard on the bag to make the turn to 3rd base.  When my right foot planted on the bag, the bag slipped out from under me.  The bag was not fastened to anything on the ground.  I fell to the ground scraping up my leg.  The injury wasn't too bad.  What hurt most was my pride.

Texas At-Bat with Iowa in the Field


Rebuilding Together
On Saturday, April 26th, Bethany Lutheran Church participated in Rebuilding Together.  We went to a lady's house in Lorton, VA to help here out.  She is divorced with her grown children living in Baltimore.  She had a stroke about 5 years ago.  She needs to walk around with a walker.  The projects completed included fixing a wooden fence gate, replacing fence boards, painting a room, removing caulk from 3 windows, caulking 3 windows, caulking a sidewalk, water sealing a wooden fence, installing railings on the steps inside, and staining the railings.  I was heavily involved with removing the caulk from 3 windows, caulking the 3 windows, water sealing the wooden fence, and staining the railing.  This was the first time I have ever stained wood, caulked, or water sealed wood.  Lunch was provided to us by Bethany Lutheran Church on site.  It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment