Friday, December 7, 2012

Coming Home and Volunteering

Coming Home
I am coming home to Davenport, Iowa for Christmas on Thursday, December 20th and returning to DC on Tuesday, December 25th.

Volunteering
This week I completed my first shift at the Christ House Food Pantry.  There were 8 other people who joined me to pack 40 lb boxes to be distributed throughout the entire area the Arlington Diocese covers in northern Virginia   The lead guy was Vince who leads the Knights of Columbus every 4th Saturday to work the food pantry.  First I was on making boxes, which included taping the bottom of the box with the cross and putting the Arlington Diocese's sticker on the side.  Next I put cans of vegetables in the box.  Then finally after we made all of the boxes we were scheduled to make, we resupplied the shelves for the next group to come in and box.  Below are a few pictures.

One of the Volunteers Boxing Veggies

Boxes for the Food


Law School Application
I met with an admissions consultant for law school to assist me through the law school admission's process including my personal statement.  The consultant is the same person as my LSAT instructor.  His insight into the process and what schools are looking for have seemed helpful so far.  The biggest impact so far was his advice of the topic for essay.  The topic will be able to tie together some of my experiences under an underlying theme that law schools want to see.

Christmas Time at the Townhouse

Boy Scout Wreath on our Front Door

My Room with Christmas Lights


No comments:

Post a Comment