Sunday, November 3, 2013

Trip Home to Iowa, Georgia BBQ, and Meal of the Week

Trip Home to Iowa
I went home to Iowa to see my family.  On Friday, October 25th I saw Jake and Gabe play football in Eldridge against North Scott.  Both teams lost.  However I was excited to see Jake and Gabe play well.  On Saturday, I went to see Josh and Zach with the rest of my immediate family.  We all had breakfast at the engineering building for Parent's Weekend at the University of Iowa.  After eating, we played bags/cornhole and life sized jenga in the engineering building.  Zach is the worst jenga player who played.  He lost at least 2 times in the limited amount jenga games played.  While in Iowa City, I bought a new cell phone, i.e. Samsung Galaxy S4 to help Zach who broke his phone the night before I arrived.  On Saturday evening, I went to a benefit for Dave Casad who has stage IV cancer at Trinity Lutheran Church.  Sunday was travel day except for church for my Dad and me.  My Dad and I visited law schools at the University of Michigan, University of Chicago, and Northwestern.  On Wednesday, October 30th I traveled back to DC.

Georgia BBQ
One of my coworkers at the Patent Office attended the University of Georgia and is a big Georgia Football supporter.  She invited me over to her and her husband's new house for a Georgia BBQ for the Georgia vs. Florida football game.  There were about 15 people and 2 dogs at the house for the Georgia BBQ.  Last year, my Dad and I went to this person's Georgia BBQ last year for the Georgia vs. South Carolina game.  We had a great time and the food was delicious!  Before the game, some of the people at the party were breaking up a concrete slab and removing rebar from the ground in the backyard of the house.  This year there was chicken wings, beans, and pork butt.  The pork butt was some of the best pork butt I have ever eaten.  The hosts also make their own beer.  It was a fun to place to enjoy a college football game.

Meal of the Week
This week I made pudding made from scratch.  I needed to practice making the pudding for when I make chocolate pie for other people.  Sugar, cocoa mix, and cornstarch were mixed together dry in a bowl.  Milk was added to the dry mixture.  The solution was stirred continuously over heat from a stove until the solution thickened and boiled.  After removing the boiling solution from the heat, vanilla was added to the boiling solution.  After cooling the pudding for some time, the pudding was ready to eat.  It was delectable!

Pudding in a Container

Pudding in a Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment