Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Government Closed

Government Closed
The government closed on Tuesday, December 10th due to inclement weather (i.e. snow and rain).  I was disappointed I was not able to go into work on today.  There were two events at work I was looking forward to at work on December 10th: 1) Technology Center (TC) 1700 Holiday Party 2) Helping new examiners (about 1 month of experience) with a few of their applications.  The TC 1700 Holiday party is a party right after the workday with catered food from Qdoba.  I had to pay $20 for a ticket to the TC 1700 Holiday Party.  The TC 1700 Holiday Party also allows an opportunity for me to meet and mingle with people I know and don't know in TC 1700.  On Monday, December 10th, my SPE (i.e. my direct boss) asked me and another examiner if we would be willing to help two new examiners with a few of their applications.   I felt honored that my SPE asked me to carry out the assignment.  I accepted.  We would look at claims in the applications and develop a search strategy with the new examiners for each application. Hopefully both the TC 1700 Holiday Party and helping new examiner with a few of their cases are rescheduled at times I am able to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment