Monday, December 16, 2013

Capitals Hockey Game and Meal of the Week

Capitals Hockey Game
On Sunday, December 15th, I attended a Capitals Hockey game with the Capital Area Iowa Club (CAIC).  This was the first Caps game and NHL game.  The game started at 3:00 PM.  The opponent was the Philadelphia Flyers.  Our seats were in the upper deck in the last row on the end of the ice where the Capitals shot once.  Along with our tickets we received $15 worth of credit to use at the concession stands.  The Caps won in a shootout after coming back from a 4-1 deficit in the 3rd period.  The game was fun and I was glad I went.  I was able to meet some people who are apart of the CAIC.  Also evidently a fan got hit the head with a puck opening a gash in her head.  She did not seek medical attention until after the game.  You can read about it here.

My View at the Caps Game

Meal of the Week
This week I made French Dip sandwiches for the meal of the week.  Jon had one.  He thought the meal was was the best meal he has had that was made by me.  It was probably the simplest meal I have made.  A whole chopped onion was put in a crock pot with a beef roast.  Then a mixture of water and a seasoning packet was poured over the roast and onion.  After cooking for 8 hours on low the meat was ready to be cut and put on hoagie rolls.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment