Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blood Donation, Scavenger Hunt, Christ House, and Meal of the Week

Blood Donation
On Thursday, January 16th, I donated my second pint of blood ever.  Now I am only 0.75 gallons away from donating a full gallon of blood.  The time for the actual donation of blood was not very long.  I believe a reason for that was me being very hydrated.  I recommend anyone planning on giving blood to fully hydrated on the day of blood donation and possibly the few days before the blood donation.  I was more relaxed this time as compared to the first time I donated blood.  When I was sitting down after donating blood where I was eating cookies and drinking orange juice, a woman who had just given blood fainted right behind me.  Literally 3 feet away from me.  Nurses rushed over to aid her.  They lifted her legs up, took her blood pressure, and gave her some food or drink.  She was fine after receiving the medical attention.


Scavenger Hunt
I participated in a scavenger hunt at the Air and Space Museum.  My team finished in the middle of the pack.  Somehow we got a bunch of deductions.  If we did not get the deductions, we would have finished tied for 2nd and 1 point behind the winner.  It was fun.  Afterwards my metro train took longer than an hour to get me to the King Street metro stop as compared to the usual 15 to 20 minutes.  This was due to track work.

Christ House
I volunteered at Christ House again to box food to be distributed to people in need.

Meal of the Week
This week I made Southwest Pork.  A pork roast was covered in a mixture of onion, chopped green peppers, bbq sauce, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, and oregano.  After cooking, the pork roast was shredded and returned to the mixture in the crock pot.  The shredded pork was placed in a tortilla.  It was delicious!  Also the slow cooker liner make clean up SOOO much easier.

Southwest Pork

Southwest Pork in a Tortilla

No comments:

Post a Comment