Monday, January 6, 2014

Home for Christmas, Mayor of Alexandria, SNOW, and Meal of the Week

Home for Christmas
This year I was home for Christmas this year.  My travel was much smoother this year, but I still has a little delay in O'Hare.  Flight delays at O'Hare in the winter are expected.  I simply sat back enjoyed.  Many other people were not in a good mood.  I really enjoyed seeing friends and family.  Great gifts were given and received.  Below are a few of my gifts.  I want to thank every one for their gifts!  I really enjoy and appreciate them

Si Water Jug

No way I won't be seen running in this


Mayor of Alexandria
While watching the Clemson and OSU game on January 3rd at Joe Theismann's with some friends, we met the current mayor of Alexandria, William D. Euille.  He was involved with moving the Patent Office to Alexandria.

William D. Euille

SNOW
Snow finally came and stayed in DC!  The snow stayed for about 2 days.  I felt like I was back in the Midwest.  Then it warmed up and all of the snow melted.

SNOW!


Meal of the Week
This week I made Clam Chowder from a crock pot recipe book that I got for Christmas.  The clam chowder includes cream of potato soup, cream corn, bacon bits, baby clams, tiny shrimp, evaporated milk, and lemon salt.  There is some definite texture.  You can taste the sea food in every bite.  John had some of the clam chowder.  He enjoyed it.

Clam Chowder

No comments:

Post a Comment