Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Nats vs. Dodgers

Nats vs. Dodgers
On Tuesday, May 6th, I went to a Nats vs. Dodgers game with a few friends from the Patent Office.  One of my friends is from North Hollywood and a casual Dodgers fan.  He wore his Dodgers hat to the game.  We left from work plenty early to make sure each one of us received a Washington Nationals shopping bag.  The shopping bags were only available for the first 25,000 fans.  One of my friends bought peanuts and sunflower seed, which he graciously shared with all of us.  Our seats were in a great location and great price ($8 per seat).  I would expect nothing less from the person who bought the tickets, which was me.  We were in the 5th row in the second section in from the foul pole in left field (i.e. Section 105).  We were close to the exit and in prime position to catch a home run ball.  Before the game, Clayton Kershaw was warming up on near the warning track right in front of us.  I was able to snap a few pictures.  This was his first start this season in the US.  He strained a back muscle in a game against the Diamondbacks in Australia.

We had a fun time at the game.  I helped a friend pick out a Nats hat.  We talked while the game progressed.  I left the game in about the 7th inning because I wanted to get back home.  I wanted to get home, so I could get some rest before work the next day.  One of my friends who stayed said another friend got a home run ball and threw the ball back on the field.  My friend said the ball ended being right where I was sitting.  All of this occurred about 2 minutes after I left.  I am disappointed, but I am affirmed the location of my tickets are good to get a home run ball.  The Nats ended up losing 8-3.


Washington Nationals Shopping Bag

Clayton Kershaw Warming Up

Clayton Kershaw Warming Up

No comments:

Post a Comment