Monday, May 26, 2014

Iowa and DC Memorial Day Parade

Iowa
I was in Iowa for a little over a week.  Among other events, I attended Josh's graduation from the University of Iowa, helped prepare the house for Jake's graduation party, attended Jake's graduation party, and visited with friends and family.  I had an enjoyable time.

DC Memorial Day Parade
After shopping with Jon who got a GoPro for his 3 month work trip to Austria that starts on May 30th, I went to the DC Memorial Day Parade.  I was near the beginning of the parade at the corner of 7th Street NW and Constitution.  A parade route can be found here.  I saw multiple high school marching bands, units from all areas of the armed forces, American Revolutionary Army actors, and Gary Sinise.

Midshipman at Navy Memorial Laying a Wreath Near Parade Route

Police at the Beginning of the Parade

Sign with Official Title for the Parade

A Member of All Branches of the Armed Services Marching Together

All Branches of the Armed Services Marching Together

Air Force Marching

American Revolutionary Army Actors Marching

No comments:

Post a Comment