Saturday, May 4, 2013

Softball, Furniture Shopping, and Meal of the Week

Softball
This week we had our first scrimmage of the year against New Hope North.  We played 2 innings.  In each inning, the teams would bat through their entire order.  We did this so people could get to bat and be ready for next week.  Next week we start playing actual games.  Our team had a lot of fun out there, which is the important thing.  I pitched the whole time.  It was not easy throwing strikes and being so close to the batters.  At the plate I had 2 solid line drive hits.  One was a 1B over the 2nd baseman's head and the other was a 3B to the fence in left center.  After the game we went to Lucky's Sport's Theater and Grill, which is near the ballpark.

Before the game I received the official team shirt and hat.  They can be seen below.  I really like the colors because they are the colors of the Green Bay Packers.  The number they gave was the same number I had when I played high school football, i.e. 56.

Team Jersey and Hat


Backside of Team Jersey

Team Hat

Furniture Shopping
Jon and I went out Saturday, 4 May 2013 to look for a dresser for his room in the basement.  We went to Target, JMD Furniture, Thrift Store Center, and Goodwill.  None of the store had what Jon needed in the price range he wanted.

I did learn Jon needs to watch more American Pickers.  We were at one of the thrift stores and he was considering buying a dresser.  We were getting information about the dresser from a worker.  After she gave us the price, which she said was marked down already, Jon asked her, "Is the price negotiable?"  "No," the lady quickly responded.  He needed to use the lines the American Pickers use to get a better price.  We ended up going to Whole Foods, so Jon could buy food for his dinner.

Meal of the Week
I made the spicy oven baked chicken recipe from my Aunt Mary and Gail.  I wanted to clear space in the freezer and my cabinet.  This time I had a side dish of cheesy potatoes.  I do have the ingredients for next week's dish.

Getting Ready to Bread Marinated Chicken

Chicken, Cheesy Potatoes, and Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment