Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sporting Events, Softball, Training for Half Marathon, Birthday Party, and Meal of the Week

Sporting Events
This week I bought some tickets to local sporting events.  First, I bought tickets for the July 3rd and July 4th Brewers vs. Nationals games.  The game on July 3rd starts at 6:05 pm with fireworks afterwards.  The game on July 4th is bright and early at 11:05 AM.  The game is probably so early on July 4th because the time allows people to go to other July 4th festivities including fireworks.  For both games I will be wearing my Brewers gear even though the Brewers are the 2nd worst team in the NL right and I would like to see the Nationals win some games.  However, how often am I able to wear my Brewers gear at a regular season MLB game?  Also the Nationals' season will no hinge on these two games.  There 160 other opportunities for them to win games.

Second, I bought 2 tickets for the Bears vs. Redskins game on October 20th at 1:00 ET.  My friend and I will be sitting in the second level bowl.  I am excited!  I have never been to an NFL game.  It appears we will be taking the metro to the stadium.  FedEx Field is about 20 miles away from house by car in Landover, MD.  It is still inside the beltway, but barely.  I picked the Bears because it will give me more incentive to root for the Redskins, the date and time was good (not too late in the year when it can be cold, not too early when it can be hot, not at night when bad things happen), and I thought the tickets would be cheaper than tickets for NFC East opponents or better teams than the Bears.

Softball
This was the last night of regular season games for Bethany.  We played a double header against New Hope North.  Again I was the coach this week.  We lost the first game 7-2.  We won the second game 12-11.  We were ahead 11-5 before the last 2 innings, but New Hope North clawed back to tie the game at 11 in the top of the last inning.  I was the first batter in the inning.  I hit a line drive double to the left center field gap.  Then the next batter hit a ground ball to move me over to third base.  Then the next batter hit a single to drive me in.  So we won 12-11!!   I my best by getting out only 1 time in about 7 or 8 at bats.  I had two inside the park home runs.  In the field I had no fielding errors.  After the game we went to our normal place Lucky's.  Below is a picture of our team after the games.


Bethany Softball Team 2013 on 21Jun13



Training for Half Marathon
This is my 3rd week of training for my half marathon.  My long run was 6 miles.  I have never gone that far before.  I also ran in another fun run at the running store near my house.  It is nice because I get to meet people and run with people to help set a pace for me.  Training has not been as easy I thought.  However I am still doing my best and following the plan recommended to me by my running counselors.  I am sure I will be fine by the time the actual race comes around.

Birthday Party
Last week, I went to my softball coach's daughter's 21st birthday party at my softball coach's house.  It was a good time.  I was able to meet people close to my age.  I also made some friends.  I also was able get know people more personally.

Meal of the Week
The meal of the week was pretty simple.  I grilled 3 seasoned chicken legs on the grill.  For a side dish I had brown rice.

Grilling Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment