Saturday, June 21, 2014

Softball, Blood Donation, and Future Visit by My Brother

Softball
This week the Iowa softball team played the University of Virginia.  We played next to the Washington Monument.  Iowa lost the game 22-20.  It was closer than I thought it would be.  The tying run was at the plate in the bottom of the 7th (last inning), but the hitter flied out to end the game.  The Bethany softball team lost both games.  I pitched in one of the games.  Afterwards we went to Lucky's.  It was fun playing for both teams.

Blood Donation
On Thursday, June 19th, I gave blood for the 4th time in a one year period.  So that means, I have given half a gallon of blood.  I almost was almost not able to donate.  The blood donation center the past three time have been in the same location the last three times I donated in the Jefferson Building Conference Center on the USPTO campus.  I had printed out a reservation that said my donation would take place at the same location.  When I arrived at the location to donate at my appointment time, nobody from the blood donation people were present.  Then I searched 3 other buildings on the USPTO campus.  The blood donation people weren't there.  Then I called the blood donation people who told me they had moved to a location that I had not looked for them.  I went there and found them.  The blood came out of me no problem.  Since this was my 4th time in a one year period and having a certain characteristic in my blood, the blood donation people said they would send me a $25 Visa gift card.  It is inconsequential to me, since I would have donated anyways.

Future Visit by My Brother
One of my brothers is going to come visit me for about a week in DC.  I am excited he is coming!  I already have a smartrip card ready for him.  We are planning on going to a Nats game and tour the Capitol through his senator's office.  Of course we are going to hit up many of the free attractions on and around the National Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment