Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Trip Home to Iowa

This weekend I went home to Iowa, it was wonderful with so many activities.  I was able to see and spend time with my family even those who don't live in Davenport.  Davenport Central HS defeated Davenport West HS in football and I was able to see my brother play.  My brothers, Dad, and I went over to a friend's house to play some Call of Duty one afternoon.  While I was home, I didn't forget my roommates in DC.  Each one received something from the great state of Iowa: Ryan-Corn Nuts and Jon-Map of Iowa (he enjoys mapping and GIS).  The food was great in Iowa.  Happy Joe's, Whitey's, and  Riefe's were at the top of my list.  I don't know of any places like that around here in DC, but I am sure there are some decent places to eat here.  I just haven't found them yet, but there is at least one possibility I know.  I was able to get some amazing homemade food from my Mom and Grandma including jambalaya, pulled pork, and pie.  However the best of all was spending time with those I care about.

1 comment: