Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hurricane Sandy, LSAT Score, and DC Trip

Hurricane Sandy

I was able to survive Hurricane Sandy relatively unscathed.  However that was not true for everyone.  On Monday and Tuesday, the federal government was closed to public so I did not go to work during the storm.  I probably could have gotten to work ok, but other people who travel from further way or metro would have had a difficult time coming into work.  The Metro was closed on Monday and all day Monday and Tuesday it was raining hard with constant forceful winds.  The power was out at the townhouse for about a day from Monday night to Tuesday evening.  On Tuesday my roommates and I went to Starbucks for power, internet, and heat.

LSAT Score

I did not receive LSAT score on the day I supposed to because LSAC, the organization that organizes the LSAT, is based in New Jersey, which took heavy damage from Sandy.  They were running on generators and their workers were probably effected by the storm.  So I received my score on Thursday night.  The score was I think an accurate reflection of my skill and ability, which is exactly what I wanted to happen.  So the class I took served its intended purpose in my view.

DC Trip

On this DC trip, I ventured off of the National Mall a little into the Penn Quarter and Chinatown.  I went to the National Postal Museum, National Building Museum, National Portrait Gallery and American Art Museum, Ford's Theater, and National Museum of Natural History.  I did no go into the Ford's Theater, I just walked by it.  For lunch I went to Legal Sea Food.  I got a crab cake sandwich.  After I was seated nobody talked to me for 15 minutes even though I was right next to the kitchen and multiple waiters and waitresses walked right past me without giving me a look.  I considered leaving, but then a waitress came and saw I had no drink and I had put the menu done.  She took my order right away.  During my meal of a crab cake sandwich, the manager came by and talked to me for a little bit and apologized for my wait.  Then further into the meal the manager came back and told me to save room for desert.  So I had I chocolate pudding filled cake with ice cream on top and a coconut macaroon.

Below are some pictures of the visit.

Post Office Vehichle

Mail Plane
P.O. Boxes

Stamp Collection

Mail Coach

Crab Cake Sandwich and Mashed Potatoes

My desert from Legal Sea Food

Hello Kitty Running for President

New Ford's Theater

Old Ford's Theater


J. Edgar Hoover FBI Building

Bush Elephant

Hope Diamond

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry you had to deal with the fiasco at Legal Sea Food. Hopefully the dessert made up for the injustice you experienced. Also, if you have a photo of you with Hello Kitty, it would be nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dessert was great! MAde up for the initial poor service. No pic with me and Hello Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That puts me at ease.

    ReplyDelete