Friday, September 28, 2012

Biking in the Rain and 1 Week to LSAT

This evening my roommates (Jon and Ryan) went on a bike ride into Old Town Alexandria for some dinner. We ended up going to The Burger Joint.  The burger and fries were pretty good, but cost $11.84.  The price of living is a little more than Iowa. Haha.  When we started riding back, it started raining.  We had to balance the desire to speed up to get out of the rain and slow down to stay safe and not slide off the newly wet road. We were able to get home safely in one piece.

At work, at lot examiners are busy because the fiscal year is coming to an end this week.  So people need to get their counts for the end of quarter and fiscal year to reach their required production to get a satisfactory rating or get enough counts to get bonuses.  Also the managers (Supervisory Patent Examiners) are busy too with filling out reviews and filling out forms for the signatory program along with there regular duties.  During one of our lectures this week, we went over patents in the news.  It was not over the Apple and Samsung patent battle, but rather about patents that are somewhat embarrassing or should not have been issued for the PTO, for example a patent was issued for a swinging swing, another one had a title was along the lines of how to make a snowman, but actually was a legitimate patent if you looked at the claims, but the title led people or the news not to think so, and another having a claim with the technical name of marijuana.

Finally there is only 1 week until the LSAT.  From now until the day before the test, I will be taking one practice test on work days and two tests on day I have off like today.  Each test takes about 3 hours and 15 minutes.  So this is the big push.  I started this regime on Wednesday.  I have been able to do better than my last diagnostic.  Now I am doing my best, which is exactly what I want to do in all things that I do.  Hopefully I will be able to keep up all the way through the test!  Tomorrow is another diagnostic and afterwards me and a few friends will check out our testing center at Northern Virginia Community College - Annandale.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment